What is QuitCoach?
QuitCoach provides you with a personalised quitting plan. It creates this plan based on your responses to questions about your motivation, confidence and past attempts. It is designed to provide useful advice wherever you are on your quitting journey.
QuitCoach is free, and has helped thousands to achieve their goal of becoming a nonsmoker. Research shows it increases your chances of quitting.
Quitting smoking is a process that can take time. QuitCoach works best if you return and review your situation when things have changed e.g. after you quit. QuitCoach then asks questions relevant to your current situation and will adjust your quitting plan to reflect the progress you have made. It can also help you to recover if things don’t go to plan.
If you would also like to receive regular reminders to keep on track, join Quit’s new SMS service, QuitTxt. QuitTxt works well in partnership with QuitCoach.
How QuitCoach Helps You
QuitCoach gives you advice to help you:
- understand your addiction
- know what to expect when you quit
- have strategies to help you resist urges to smoke
- know what tools are available to help you
Quitting is a process and QuitCoach can help you with all of the key challenges, such as:
- making the decision to quit
- setting a quit date and actually stopping
- dealing with urges to smoke and nicotine withdrawal
- dealing with situations where you used to smoke
- starting to think and feel like a nonsmoker
<!-- Start of DoubleClick Floodlight Tag: Please do not remove Activity name of this tag: Quit_AlwaysOn_Coach_2016-17 URL of the webpage where the tag is expected to be placed: http://www.quitcoach.org.au This tag must be placed between the
tags, as close as possible to the opening tag. Creation Date: 07/26/2016 -->
<!-- End of DoubleClick Floodlight Tag: Please do not remove -->